Re: (TV) Holiday acquisitions?

This year was light on the music consumption side, and a lot heavier on the production side.

Consumption:
Squarepusher: _Music Is Rotted One Note_. I'd really dug "My Sound" when I heard part of it on college radio a few years back, and it is a good piece, but the collection sadly doesn't fulfill the promise of that track.

Walt Mink: _El Producto_. Bought because ex-Bitch Magnet Orestes Morfin is one of the great rock drummers, and he showed up in this incarnation of this now-defunct MPLS band. I can't say the singer's voice is grabbing me, but the playing is competent, and Orestes elevates everything he's involved in.

And as a musical gift for my wife, the expanded/remastered _Are You Experienced?_ Anyone else hear "May This Be Love" as something that would have been an influence on Tom? Mitchell's drumming on that is exquisite.

Production: http://www.ableton.com/  I had to do it.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/