Re: (TV) Holiday acquisitions?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Allison" <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk>
> Dirk wore white socks, but on him they looked good.

They did indeed . Great album !

> I wasn't going to say anything, but my son just made me watch "Grumpy
> Old Men" on the idiot box and - hell, I _am_ a grumpy old man. So all I
> can say is that I remember thinking In The City was a great record and
> then seeing The Jam in a pub in London in '76 or so with their Union
> Jack backdrop and Weller's inane and naive drivel about right wing
> politics

That much is true . He has since admitted he never really knew what he was
on about .

and nothing that he's done since then has made me think that
> he's grown up at all.

Again , there is a lot of truth in that also :-)

 My wife really likes something called (I
> think) "You Do Something To Me" but it makes me want to either laugh or
> puke - sometimes both - every time I hear it.

It is mindless drivel , that song , but must be nice to pen a song that has
women swooning the length and breadth of the country ! :-)

> The Eagles, now, there was a band. Why, I remember...
> (Grumpy Old Man is given his medication and tucked up in bed. Push the
> button and off he goes.)

Yer a good sport Keith mate !
Knew you couldn't resist a comment .
Good on yer