Re: (TV) a question (seeking heated debate)

That goes for the first album too.  I just don't get what all the hype is about.  How anyone could compare them with TV is beyond even God to understand.... (perhaps acute lack of imagination?)

Li

Brian Young <raggedglory57@yahoo.com> wrote:
I just listened to the Strokes new album yesterday, and I thought it was the most uninspired, unoriginal piece of crap I have heard in a long time. And the vocalist may be the smarmiest singer currently alive not to actually live and work in Vegas. All of his vocal melodies encompass the same 2 or 3 notes, sung in the same way. If *this* group is spurring on an interest in Television, then people have no sense of history or ability to think critically.

There you go, Robin. I told the truth as I see it about these hacks.

Regards,

Brian

robin dunn wrote:
i was just reviewing the news section of phil's site
-- suddenly such an explosion of tv releases and media
coverage. obviously, very little is done within the
industry without an eye towards the market. the
question came to me: has the strokes' popularity in
any way influenced the resurgence in interest in tv?
(what with the constant allusions to tv in strokes
coverage.)