RE: (TV) a question (seeking heated debate)

-----Original Message-----
From: robin dunn
 obviously, very little is done within the
industry without an eye towards the market.  the
question came to me:  has the strokes' popularity in
any way influenced the resurgence in interest in tv?

Although it may seem at odds with my feeling that I'm perceived as the Voice
of Cynicism, aside from the name checking in articles about the Strokes (who
blow chunks as far as I'm concerned), I think there may be other things at
work here:  MM and Adventure have been in print continuously since their
release; there's the whole 25th anniversary thing; and somewhere, deep in
the bowels of corporate America, there are a few souls who still actually
give a shit about music.  There's also no denying Television's unique
sound/style; there wasn't anything like them before and there hasn't been
since.  Of course, if that's too Pollyanna for you, you could always throw
in the double dip factor, but I'm feeling remarkably starry-eyed today.