(TV) OT: Camper Van beethoven and Cracker

Greetings Televisioneers ! I feel bad making an off topic post - if Television
has the ability and resources to do a Portland Or show then I'll really have
something to crow about ! Hey guys, if you're listening, do a Crystal Ballroom
show , yeah, they love Television in Portland too.

Okay back to my post. Last night I did get to see Camper van Beethoven and
Cracker together (well they're almost the same band...) at Portland's Crystal
Ballroom. Wow, what a show and what band and what a venue ! Firstly, like I
was not a huge CVB fan at all. Have just two of their recordings I think, and
I don't even really like the reggae/ska sounding stuff that much. But they are
a really versatile bunch. One minute they sound punk, the next minute they
sound like Merle, the next minute like Pink Floyd - versatile or
schizophrenic. Anyway they played the songs I recognized like: Take the
Skinheads Bowling (of course), Pictures of Matchstickmen,  Teen Angst and Low
(Cracker) , and many more. It was all in all about three and a half hours of
music.

Okay, so go ahead and add Portland to the latest Television mini-tour, pleeeez
.

- Russ