From: Casey, Leo J
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 2:22 PM
To: 'tv@obbard.com'
Subject: Cadaverous

I don't think Verlaine looked unhealthy or gloomy during say
1975 - 1987--actually very striking in a strange kind of way.

Don't believe his facial features and demeanor now are due to any
Nordic/N. European world view/weltschmertz gained from his parents'
roots (or his forebears suffering thru the Northern climes).

I would instead claim that his cadaverous, rey, and gloomy appearance results from his
in 175-