Re: (TV) What are you listening to?

At 10:17 PM +0000 3/23/04, Keith Allison wrote:
and blasting from our eldest's room is The Mars Volta's Delouse In The
Crematorium which sounds bizarrely-1974-ish to these ancient ears.

That's the undergraduates-got-hold-of-a-thesaurus At The Drive-In spinoff, isn't it? I got a look at the lyric sheet once. It was a sorry sight indeed.

What I'm listening to is mostly stuff on the laptop, as the old CD player's going down for good this time.

The Fall: _Slates_ and _The Rough Trade Anthology_ (I'm in a big Fall phase right now, maybe in anticipation of the tour.)

Bowie: _"Heroes"_

Kraftwerk: selections from the albums from _Radioactivity_ through _Computerworld_, plus the new "Aerodynamik" single...which is pretty good!

Aphex Twin: selections from _Come to Daddy_, _The Richard D. James Album_, and _Druqks_. Some brilliant stuff on each one; got into it on tour last summer.

Various live _Smile_ bootlegs, like Chris. I was both relieved and thrilled to hear it.

Mogwai: various selections from the first few albums.  It's a mood thing.

Fred Frith: _Speechless_. Bands, improvs, tape experiments, and lots of noise and beauty. (OK, so there's a lot of "music of my life" going on lately.)

Don Caballero: _What Burns Never Returns_. At their peak. I'm hearing tell that Ian's new group Battles is pretty damned good. Shame that Damon and Bellini parted ways.

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/