(TV) Who the Hell Are Television's Fans?: Miss-statement

Mike ,

Thanks for the anecdote and unwittingly helping me
realize a mistake.

mike [mikeez@earthlink.net] said:

>This is interesting. I was at the Viper Room show and
>many of the hundred or so people upstairs could care less
>about Verlaine. They were just black clad Hollywood
>hipsters out for the evening at Johnny Depps crib.
>The guys at the bar were chattering louder than Tom's
>singing. Maybe that's why he was in such a good mood.
>I do think he won a few converts that night.

My memory is good but not as good as I thought.  I misspoke
on: ...or even before rare shows such as **he Viper Club gig**

I managed to confuse a total of 3 different shows in my mind and
e-mail response.  TV did not "..cheerfully comment on the old
faithfuls' requests" at the Viper show. What I later thought I should
have written was, TV said, "What good memories you have!" to
oldfaithfuls' requests at his Tramps show in 1996. Except that
my memory fails me again, he said it on the 1992 Television reunion
tour at the Great American Music Hall in S.F.

Thank god for The Wonder site.

	Leo