(TV) offtopic: Pixies Tour

I caught the 3rd show (in Regina) of the Pixies
reunion and wanted to pass along a few thoughts as
there are quite a few Pixies fans here.

Absolutely incredible!  They opened w/ Planet of sound
and hammerred through a 2 hour set w/ out letting up.
Crowd size was 1500.  They looked like they were
having a blast and for the most part, played the album
versions of the songs note for note, if not tighter
than the album.  Joey Santiago effortlessly
interchanged between lead and hammering riffs and he
rarely moved (my buddy thought he looked terrified),
Frank Black sang with his eyes closed throughtout and
his whisper to screaming was phenomenal.  Lovering was
excellent on the drums and Kim deal was solid, smoking
cigs and drinking beer.  They came back for two
encores.  Mostly played early tunes.  I was really
surprised by the quality of the harmonies from Kim and
David.  Kim Deal sang most of the encore songs
including Gigantic.  CDLive was there and discs were
30 cdn of the show.  They were done w/in 15 minutes of
the show, 2 discs, nice cover and very well recorded.
The tour shirt is a play on words "Pixies sellout" in
regards to the tour is sold out and they are selling
out by reforming.  The audience was fully into them
from start to finish, you could drink anywhere which
usually means trouble but there was no pushing,
shoving, etc.  Mostly college-aged kids w/ about 300 -
400 of the original fans (i.e. old looking people like
me). I'm going to have to say it was the best concert
I have ever seen, all the old songs still sound fresh
but the band is even better, I'm especially blown away
as this was only their third gig since reforming, and
they played in Regina of all places.

greg