Re: (TV) (OT) tape to digital....

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:18:25 -0500
"Larry F. Holt" <lholt@birminghamchamber.com> wrote:
> Hey all...I was wondering if anyone knew of any High Speed ways to dub
> to digital from cassette.

High speed?  None that you would care to listen to.  The faster the
tape goes over the head compared to the speed it was recorded, the more you
lose signal.  For a cassette, which is already recorded at a slow speed,
the loss will be pretty significant.  I wouldn't dub a cassette to
digital at anything faster than real-time.

(I do a fair amount of analog->digital transfer & cleanup work.  Email
 me off list if you've got a tasty morsel you'd like worked on!)