Re: (TV) Boarding School

absolutely!  am pro-education all the way!  more for
everyone!  my argument was against what i think was
some historical revisionist rationalization on the
part of stroke hammond.

so let's see.  verlaine in hell went to boarding
school -- though maybe the type for bad kids, not rich
kids.  strummer was upper middle class and went to
boarding school (dare say few were as sincere as
strummer in their devotion to ideals and rejection of
the rock star model).  still, can't think of a single
early (or late?) punk band who were so abundantly
funded by their parent's wealth as were the strokes.
so, whatever, they can play guitars.  but they ain't
no ramones.