Re: (TV) OT but interesting

--- Joe Thornton <joe.thornton@gmx.net> wrote:
> Not completely off topic, since Tom Verlaine did "Break It Up"
> on Horses -- his first well-known recording.

Good call Joe - Verlaine co-wrote and played on that track
(although I don't think John Cale allowed him to sound "trebly"
enough, but it's still clearly Verlaine's playing).

In another connection to the "Fifty years of pop" list,
Verlaine's "Let Go The Mansion" was used by the Reagan
re-election campaign in 1984 after Springsteen requested that
they stop using "Born in the USA".

--Phil

P.S. Yes, I made that up.