Re: (TV) Career Defining

At 9:29 PM -0700 5/11/04, Philip P. Obbard wrote:
Hmmm... this #4 idea doesn't seem to be holding up too well...

Dylan's fourth was _Another Side Of_, which seems not as career-defining as _Highway 61 Revisited_ and _Blonde on Blonde_ (6 and 7).

Zep's fourth of course had "Stairway" on it, which is emblematic of the band, but arguably they were defined by then.

Kraftwerk's fourth (counting the Ralf & Florian album) would ba _Autobahn_, which I guess defines them for most people, but for me their definitive work starts with the title track from "Trans-Europe Express" (not a particularly strong album overall) followed by the mighty _Man-Machine_ (7) and _Computerworld_ (8). While the work after that doesn't hit those heights, I was pleasantly surprised by the "Aerodynamik" single, which admittedly is mostly remixes of a good original tune.

Just some further data points on this.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/