Re: (TV) Sleater Kinney...has TV relevance...plus theGo-Betweens !

>> Quick TV relevance: On the song from that album:
>> "When She Sang About
>> Angels" , Robert sez: "When She sang about a
>> boy...Kurt Cobain, I thought:
>> what a shame it wasn't about Tom Verlaine".
>

>sounds like a patti smith reference to me.

It is!  That's a really touching song by Robert Forster about finally getting to see Patti live.  I saw the Go-Betweens on the tour for that record.  Tom's name got a big cheer from the crowd (who were otherwise kind of boorish and chattery, but that's the Hollywood Knitting Factory for you).

-Rex