RE: (TV) Sad news...

God, that's just awful and unexpected.  He'll be missed.

Anyone here who doesn't have "Blank Generation" should pick it up right away.  And since it hasn't come up yet... the second Voidoids record, "Destiny Street", is to my mind seriously underrated and well worth seeking out.  Ragged, but intense.  Quine is on it as well, and sounds great.

The Reed records have some great stuff by him as well, but his contributions were increasingly mixed down or even erased by Lou on each subsequent album.  Jealousy, one assumes... Lou really has a thing about alienating his best foils/collaborators, huh?  I'm basing that on what I remember from the Bockris bio of Lou, which is a little dicey in spots, but it had a lot of quotes from Quine.  Don't have it handy, but his response to Lou dictating that the band was to do an "upbeat,positive" version of "Waves of Pain" is classic...

-Rex