(TV) on a happier note...

Hi . Having been duly employed now for over a month (don't know how I passed
the pee test) I actually bought some CDs for the first time in eons it seems.
Here's what I got:

Bitches Brew - Mile Davis
The Spotlight Kid / Clear Spot - Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band
Indestructible Object - They Might Be Giants
Sonic Nurse - Sonic Youth
Flash Light - Tom Verlaine
The Blue Mask - Lou Reed

Indestructible Object is an Ep. I think it came out last year. I heard a thing
about TMBG on Fresh Air and knew I had to pick something up by these guys -
they rock and they're funny ! Sonic Nurse is a new one just out by the Sonic
Youth. I think they're great ! Saw them on Leno a couple nights ago of all
places. Anyway I'm into the fifth song on this CD and so far not a bad track
to be heard. The Capt. Beefheart record is a must have just for "I'm gonna
Booglarize you Baby" and "Big Eyed Beans from Venus" . I'm looking forward to
hearing Flash Light ... I've heard of most of the songs on it  but have never
*heard* any of them so big excitement ensues at the Van Rooy house hold.
Bitches Brew is a CD I've been meaning to get for a long time. I've been
reading a Miles bio called "So What" and I look forward to hearing John
McLaughlin play. Lastly, having read much of the talk about Robert Quine in
the past few days I thought it would be a fitting salute to his memory to get
Lou Reed's The Blue Mask. So, if you don't mind blowing a wad o' cash, what
records would you buy ?

- Russ