(TV) Not need to beat this to...

Okay, no need to beat this thread to death... but yes, death (suicide or
not) can be horrendous for those left behind -- but what you prefer does not
matter, does it?  Somehow, I don't think that Bob Quine, when he was alive,
was very much pre-occupied with whether he can be of use to you.  Or at
least, I hope he wasn't.

Look, I don't know him personally, but perhaps you do, and if you do, please
let us know whether what has been said before about his death is wrong.  But
based on what was said before by someone who seems to know him, it looks
like Quine was despondent about his wife's death, and understandably (or at
least, I can understand it) he thought that life without his wife, whom he
loved, is less preferable to him than no life at all.  If you want to accuse
me of romanticizing love, so be it, I am guilty as charged.

Wow, I haven't seen such utilitarian view of people since early 20th
century.  Well, I wasn't around in early 20th century, but I read about
those people, who, you know, thought that people should be used as means for
the greater good of the "society."