(TV) JOSS @ Pete's Candy Store Wednesday August 4th Williamsburg Brooklyn

LOT'S O NEWS !

On Wednesday August 4th  JOSS (http://www.houseofjoss.com/) will appear @
Pete's Candy Store 709 lorimer street - Williamsburg, Brooklyn
http://www.petescandystore.com/  supporting it's new cd "If not for the hovering..." out now on
the Delmore Recording Society label Nashville Tn.
http://www.delmorerecordings.com/

This is a special night for JOSS as we're pleased to announce JOSS now has a
4th member. Ian Smit of the musical ensemble Monkeyworks
http://www.monkeyworksmusic.com/  has officially joined forces with JOSS. Monkeyworks has appeared
at MAKOR, The Knitting Factory, WFMU and many other regional venues. We are
pleased as pie to have such a fine musician in the fold.

We're also pleased to announce that JOSS has charted in quite a few US
Cities.
Thank you to KZUU (Pullman, WA), WXDU (Durham, NC), & WEFT (Champaign, IL),
CFBU - St.Catherines Canada. ,

Other people said this about JOSS

WMUC 88.1 - MARYLAND COLLEGE PARK RADIO - If Not For Hovering ... Reviewed by
Max Nova released by Delmore.
Generally pretty chill, with a lot of ringing guitar, and a bit eerie, the
sticker on it mentions Twin Peaks and that wouldn't be too much of a stretch.
This should probably be playing in a small mysterious town where all is not as
it seems.

The Big Takeover - April 2004
Smooth laid back lounge shadows slide out velvet from this trio with a little
bit of Twin Peaks in the mood, a little Dream City Film Club in the vocal
delivery. Sometimes it also reminds me of early My Dad Is Dead - and I like when
that happens. The guitar occasionally hits against the vocals in a way that
feels so Dream Syndicate, in that darker and mellower "Ghost Stories" way. I
feel like I should either be listening to this album on headphones while riding
on a greyhound towards Louisiana sometime after midnight, or while sitting in a
dark bar smoking a cigarette and nursing a scotch, eyeing the long black
haired girl in the corner booth as this band plays low and slow on a dimly lit red
light stage." -- Marcel Feldmar, Big Takeover Magazine 54
The Aquarian Weekly April 2004 Vol. 2-239
"Joss groove smoothly on the Beck-smart "Rumour of a Monkey Clown" and 'My
Own Ghost", spend the afternoon around a bong with Luna, Television, Dumptruck
and Guided By Voices on "Gingko", "Good Grace" and the orgasmic "mm", and a
lost evening in a cheap motel lounge for the shuffling "Careless" and
whiskey-and-chaser ruminations "Good Weather" and "Mooncake". Exorcising an
adolescence-worth of painful awakenings and slowly dawning realizations via moody,
all-or-nothing emotional explosions expressed as musical slow burns,
guitarist/vocalist Ambrose Liu, bassist Michael Pasuit and drummer Chris O'Donovan, in addition
to the above cited influences, give subtle props to Radiohead, The Handsome
Family, Sparklehorse, Cracker, VoleBeats, Pink Floyd, Coldplay, Willard Grant
Conspiracy and The Sidewinders to create something as uniquely Joss as it is
incredibly listenable."
-- Al Muzer, The Aquarian Weekly April 2004 Vol. 2-239

Hope to see you at the show.
JOSS