From: robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) OT: Killer Kane, RIP
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:14:52 -0700 (PDT)

> He died of leukaemia, though didn't know he
> suffering
> from the
> condition - he told Nina on Monday morning that he
> thought he "had a
> bad case of 'flu".

that is bizarre and horrible.  it may be he really did
not have easy access to health care.  and then there
are folks who simply chose to not visit doctors (i.e.
warren zevon).  anyway, very sad.

re (phil) joey ramone (with lymphoma), that very often
goes undiagnosed or misdiagnosed, i think because the
symptoms are sort of vague (not that they're not
really bothersome).  but i believe joey had known of
his disease and was being treated for many years
before he died.

murray would know more...

also, what happened to jerry nolan?  was it an
overdose?