RE: (TV) Ebay Madness / Official or CD-r?

its a great ep, a great version of time now available again on the latest hell compilation

if anyone wants to hear 'high heeled wheels' let me know and I'll stick an mp3 up somewhere

From: "Philip P. Obbard" <pobbard@yahoo.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: RE: (TV) Ebay Madness / Official or CD-r?
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 20:25:44 -0700 (PDT)

--- Leo Casey <LeoCasey@comcast.net> wrote:
> Is this an official cd release, or was it just someone copying
> there vinyl EP and 45 rpm to cd-r?

It's official. It came out in 1990 or 1991 on Overground UK. It's a
reissue of the 1980 Shake EP, but with the Neon Boys track "High
Heeled Wheels" added. (There was also a 12" on clear vinyl issued by
Overground at the same time).

> If it's official then when and why, i.e., why would Verlaine be
> interested
> in having this come out on cd; moreover, how could he and Hell have
> agreed on a business deal such as this?

Who knows? The only Neon Boys tracks here are the ones with Hell
singing (credited as Verlaine/Hell); the other three Neon Boys tracks
(with Verlaine singing) have never been released. The guy who ran
Overground told me a few years ago that he tried repeatedly to get
Verlaine's permission to release them, but Verlaine would never
respond to him.

FWIW, it says "Thanks to Tom Verlaine" on the CD - the only person
explicitly thanked.

--Phil "Free the Neon Boys 3!" Obbard