Re: (TV) Well-reasoned disquisition on Eagles suckitude

In message <20040813201309.80692.qmail@web21125.mail.yahoo.com>, Jay
<piazzasanmarco@yahoo.com> writes
>about as well reasoned as Farenheit 9/11

on the other hand, much of what he says is perfectly obvious - just like
Michael Moore in the film, no?

Best bit: "they made thoroughly hateable music that people take VERY
VERY SERIOUSLY! they are DEVOID of humor or charm."

They aren't, of course, "THE WORST BAND IN THE HISTORY OF ROCK AND
ROLL." They have nothing to do with rock and roll, which demands, at the
very least, some kind of passion. Dire Straits are the worst band in the
history of rock and roll. Or maybe Blondie. I was going to say Steely
Dan, but they have nothing to do with rock and roll either.

Thanks, Maurice, it's good to be reminded from time to time that one is
not alone :)

(My wife, on the other hand, likes The Eagles. Last week she bought a
copy of Hotel California to play on a long car journey and I was
reminded just what a truly dreadful, empty, pompous, arrogant, soul-less
piece of crap it is. This is the price I have to pay for playing about
20 different live versions of Marquee Moon over the past few months, and
for having a very understanding wife.)