From: "Steve Rovner" <serovner@mindspring.com>
To: "Television List" <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 1:16 PM
Subject: (TV) Wilco - Richard Lloyd connection

> I just finished reading "Wilco: Learning How To Die" by Greg Kot (pretty
good book, although it's not great).  Wilco has always been a favorite of
mine.  Near the end of the book, I ran across the paragraph below:

> "For his thirty-fourth birthday in 2001, Sue Miller's gift to her husband
was a guitar lesson from Richard Lloyd of New York new-wavers Television.
In the midst of the 1970's CBGB scene, the dueling guitars of Lloyd and Tom
Verlaine evoked '60s psychedelic and progressive bands more than any of
their punk-era peers.  Tweedy adored the band, and the way Lloyd's skewed
harmonics opened up the fretboard in particular.  In three hours, he filled
up a notebook with new possibilities after Lloyd showed up with a guitar at
the Wilco loft."

> I never would have thought that Jeff Tweedy and Wilco could be influenced
by Television, but there you go.....