(TV) Ayler Box (cheap)

here's some pre-release order info on the ayler box --
so cheap!  i expected it to be closer to my car
payment.  so i'll have money left for the london
calling reissue...

(coltrane-l post, joe moudry:)

A quick heads-up for Ayler Addicts (like me):

CD Universe has the Revenant 9 (actually 10) CD box
ready for pre-ordering. They want US$77.17 for it (+
p&p, for a total of US$84.16). It should be in my
tentacles by 5 October.

Usual disclaimers apply re: me & CD Universe (simply
a satisfied customer).

It contains nine full CDs, plus a very short CD of
Ayler's military band recordings (wonder if they're
like Trane's Hawaii 78s?).

Damon Smith describes the box as:

"... this is may be the most impressive box i have
ever seen. a 10" x 10" black plastic  box. 9 cds of
unreleased ayler, including some radio interviews,
real
dogwood flower petals,  a beautifully  bound book with
bio's of even the most obscure people he played with,
sessionography, discography, several essay's and some
other stuff. it has coltrane's funeral (richard
davis), which i have not heard yet, ayler playing with
cecil
in sweden with jimmy lyons and sunny murray, which is
amazing, and tons of other stuff. it is kind of
overwhelming just looking at the thing, i don't even
know what it will cost, i think it comes out next
month. it is pretty amazing!

damon smith
http://www.balancepointacoustics.com";