Re: (TV) Television name checked in Razorlight review

Er um, I hate to be misunderstood so I'll explicate a bit (still legal to that in the U.S). What I *meant* was I'd never heard of the band *Razorlight* before. Television I've heard of.....Maybe also what was lost in context of the Pitchfork article is the idea that the British music press has recently rediscovered garage style rock and roll. I think that snippet of information was mentioned in the lead-in to the article ,but never was explicitly stated in the article itself. Wholly their opinion - I really can't claim to know enough about this to have much of a meaningful opinion. As a happy Mojo reader myself, I've always noticed plenty of reportage on things garage rock related and so it seems that there would be a disconnect here in the idea that garage rock is the latest British fashion. I would wager that it had never gone out of style. As for Razorlight....sounds like the reviewer finds them execrable. Again, I've never heard them so maybe they're not all that bad...?
-Russ

Keith Allison wrote:

In message <412654B5.50400@pop.nwnexus.com>, Russ Van Rooy
<russvr@pop.nwnexus.com> writes
Never heard of these guys but apparently UK music press loves them - which probably is a bad thing....

Aw, c'mon, MOJO just gave Television an award for Marquee Moon...