Re: (TV) Christgau on Television

I was shopping for CDs to take to my daughters this
weekend in Chicago. We had stopped in "Sonic Boom" on
Bloor in Toronto.

Walking in, Yo La Tengo was on the speakers. Then the
"new" Venus de Milo seeped in unannounced. I've heard
this tune so many times I know it down to a genetic
level. Or, I thought...

The guitar solo seemed to have wove a different
pattern. One that I had not noticed before. Little 3
note melodies  moving in ano out of the mix.

Wonderful moment.

Oh, I got Tiger Trap's first (and only LP) for the 8
year old.

Micah