Re: (TV) (OT) Attn. All You Jandek Fans (esp. Maurice)

At 11:06 AM -0400 9/12/04, Ty Burr wrote:
Thanks, Maurice -- but how many people know enough of the Jandek canon to fill an open-mic night?

We had good press coverage and a low turnout (four performers, four non-playing audients, and some innocent bystanders)...but they were all the right people. Admittedly, I pre-booked two friends who were willing and interested, and the remaining performer was from the Jandek list. (Of the listeners, one was also from the J-list and brought his girlfriend; one was my drummer, and the other J-list player brought a friend.) It was quite a special evening: http://mauricerickard.com/index.php/2/431

And do you hand out Zoloft at the door?

Actually, it was a very joyful vibe. From the first notes of the first guy's set, we just knew it was going to be perfect. And it was my public debut as a singer and ukulele player (on the epic "Only Lover"), so what more could one want?

-M
--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/