RE: (TV) Putting a Temporary Cap on One's Talent / RE: Playing with Patti in the Dark

Same thing - minus the shades - when they appeared on Letterman. But there they played "Summer cannibals". That show aired in Sweden.

This car accident... I do believe it's been mentioned in this forum at some point. If not, it must've been information I gathered when I talked to some members of the Farber family late in 2000. Verlaine was sitting in the passenger seat in a car that was hit and got his leg injured.

Leif J, Sweden

From: "Michael Olcsvary" <olcsvary@verizon.net>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Subject: RE: (TV) Putting a Temporary Cap on One's Talent / RE: Playing with Patti in the Dark
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:43:28 -0700

Anyone remember when Rosanne Barr had a variety show on ABC? One of her
guests on the first show was the Patti Smith group.  I believe they played
"Gone Again" and Verlaine was seated, dressed in black and shades, playing
slide throughout the number.  I may still have this on tape - someday when
I'm out of options I'll see if I can dig it up.