(TV) tomorrow 10/2 @ Piano's NYC JOSS & High Water Marks (ex apples in stereo)

Come out early tomorrow Saturday October 2nd to see Joss @ Pianos located  on
Ludlow St NYC opening for High Water Marks (ex Apples in Stereo)

JOSS plays @ 8:00 PM...   Piano's - Ludlow Street NYC

The Big Takeover (April 2004)
JOSS/If Not For the  Hovering... Smooth laid back lounge shadows slide out
velvet from  this trio with a little bit of Twin Peaks in the mood, a little
Dream City Film  Club in the vocal delivery. Sometimes it also reminds me of
early My Dad Is  Deadb9and I like when that happens. The guitar occasionally
hits
against the  vocals in a way that feels so Dream Syndicate, in that darker and
mellower  "Ghost Stories" way. I feel like I should either be listening to
this album on  headphones while riding on a greyhound towards Louisiana
sometime
after  midnight, or while sitting in a dark bar smoking a cigarette and
nursing a  scotch, eyeing the long black haired girl in the corner booth as
this
band plays  low and slow on a dimly lit red light stage.
MAGNET (August-September 2004)
JOSS/If Not For the Hovering... . Armed with enough  spooky tremolo-guitar
effects and slinky maracas to put Friends of Dean Martinez  out of business,
this NYC-area trio provides the soundtrack for a burning  cantina. Think of
Joss
as Yo La Tengo's evil cowpoke twin, with Ambrose Liu  singing in a
flatter-than-Ira monotone and sculpting menacing guitar  epics.