Re: (TV) Nick Drake Q

I have the following Nick drake CDs and they are all good, however I list them in order that I like the best first.

"Pink Moon" - Haunting, sparse. Just Nick on guitar ( and piano accompaniance on the title song) . Depressing yet lush melodies. "Bryter Later" - Nick's second album. Full band arrangements including backing by Fairport Convention on 'Hazy Jane II'. Definitely Nick's "brytest" moment. "Time of No reply" - Posthumous collection. Haunting and bleak in the same way as "Pink Moon" but somehow not as fulfilling. Some of the songs were recorded days before Nick's demise. Check out "Black eyed dog", Nik is literally transformed into Robert Johnson without any self consciousness. "Five Leaves Left" - His first album (from 1968) . I don't listen to it often enough to say much about it. I think the title refers to rolling papers. Sorry about the plumbing catastrophe. It would be a bitch to lose even the CDs I don't listen to.

- Russ

Leo Casey wrote:

Thanks for the technical answers/suggestions---now a musician question:

Nick Drake:

I had a boxed set of vinyl Nick Drake that was damaged/ruined in a plumbing
catastrophe.

When I was at the store yesterday---only saw his albums as individual cds.
Which is his best of the three?

Leo