Re: (TV) Goodbye Cruel Wall...?

> Boston ever produce a band as great and awesome as Television?
> No, I don't think so.  :-)
>
> Well, there's Mission of Burma.  There was Human Sexual Response, who
> weren't TV like at all but at least had their own thing going.  There's that
> first Orchestra Luna album. and of course there was Barry and the Remains.

Post MOB, you've got a real solid crowd of indie band from Boston...
the Pixies at the top of the heap, and now finally getting the
recognition and capacity crowds they deserve.  But there were loads...
my favorite of the lot being Throwing Muses, who along with TV are in
a five-way logjam for the title of My Favorite Artist Ever.  Blake
Babies, Lemonheads... was Dinosaur Jr. from Boston?  Definitely one of
the dominant "rock cities" of the '80's and '90's.

And of course the Modern Lovers... RADIO ON!

-Rex

--
"Maybe baby election twelve who I really am!"
-Miranda Mellbye Broome