Re: (TV) Goodbye Cruel Wall...?

In message <001501c4c17c$1c21f730$152ba745@mario>, dave
<eisenstadt@adelphia.net> writes
> isn't the wall just a pf rehash essentially yet one of those odd
>rarities that sell a gazillion records (frampton comes alive) -- and in
>a way is undercut by waters almost cancerous cynicism.

"The Wall" came out while I was in college. I (never much of a Floyd fan, though "Wish You Were Here" is a lovely song) remember watching my friends gleefully chanting along with "We don't need no education, we don't need no thought control" and thinking, "Gee, if you really feel this way, maybe you should drop out of this Ivy League school and stop taking so much tuition money from your parents." Perhaps I was taking things a little too seriously.

- Jesse