Re: (TV) Blue Oyster Cult

BOC was the first live band I ever saw at Jones Beach, NY. Doing their infamous, awesome and soon-to-be-banned laser show. BOC, in 1976, were the second band I got into after Queen and before doscovering The Doors and Television in 78/79.

They truly were an awesome professional live R'N'R band. All their material before Cultosaurus Erectus in 1980 is worthwhile listenign to After that they slipped very badly recording wise, but still performed great live. I had seen them about a dozen times from 1976-1982.

Besides Melzer and Patti Smith, they also had a few collaborations with science fiction writer Michael Moorcock and novelist Eric Van Lustbader.

I would love to hear the Lanier's Television demos, as I am sure evryone on this list does.

Henry