(TV) Richard Lloyd playing the guitar/Heart of Gold

Just got "This Note's For You Too"

Richard's is easily the best I've heard off the whole
thing so far, there are some real jokers on there.

Richard's guitar playing is storming, he really does
play with a passion that is unique - the other guitar
playing I have heard so far on the record is fairly
poor. Possible contender for "Best cover version by
TV-related alumni".

"Powderfinger" by Steve Wynn - I had to phone my
friend the minute I heard it so I could play him one
of his favourite songs down the phone. He was in a
shop and had to leave because he was laughing so hard.
Easily the worst recorded NY cover version I have ever
heard (Previous king, Dinosaur Jr's "Lotta Love" has
been dethroned quite soundly).

Also got "Glory" recently - man, "The Scientist Writes
a Letter" is sublime, that is how it should sound -
those synths on the original put me off big time - I
have another version (The London version?) and I think
that was only marginally better - but this one reigns
supreme.  Especially the line "Got your postcard from
Greece, sure looks like a rocky place" - that did it
for me.

Not very often I get to hear new (to my ears)
Verlaine/Lloyd stuff so thought I would share.

=====