Re: (TV) Keenan's picks

first suicide album is a classic, when your in the right mood as is the latest, second is okay but neither abbrasive or melodic enough - ric ocasek is maybe a good guy, but he's not a great producer

Although admittedly I didnt like the first album when I first got it, but cherree got me into the whole thing eventually - its like an electronic version of funhouse

From: Phil Obbard <pobbard@yahoo.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) Keenan's picks
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:52:27 -0800 (PST)

--- Russ Van Rooy <russvr@pop.nwnexus.com> wrote:
> Did a google search on David Keenan - I'd never of him before .
> http://www.sundayherald.com/bestalbums.shtml
> (Television doesn't showup until the 60s and not Marquee Moon but
> The Blow Up )

It does say "in no particular" order. And picking THE BLOW UP instead
of MARQUEE MOON is only one of many less-than-orthodox "best album
ever list" choices Keenan makes - and I kind of appreciate that, even
if wouldn't want that as many own desert island collection.

BTW, are there really people who like Suicide? I have their debut,
and Keenan puts it in his top 100, but it's never done anything for
me (other than compel me to press "stop" eventually).

--Phil