Re: (TV) Keenan's picks

Must say that Keenan made some interesting choices, and wrote well about many of them. In particular, I thought he was spot on in what he wrote about Leonard Cohen's "Songs of Love and Hate". It has long been one of my favourites, one of those rare great albums where you wouldn't change a thing. Cohen was in great voice and he was a bloody good guitarist, wasn't he?

OTOH, even "Flash Light", dare I say it, could do with pruning -- Tom should have left out "Cry Mercy Judge". Imagine if he had included "Anna" instead of that. Wonder would it have made a difference to sales...

Of course, Keenan was remiss in not including a Verlaine album.

--JoeT

Russ wrote:

Did a google search on David Keenan - I'd never of him before .
http://www.sundayherald.com/bestalbums.shtml
(Television doesn't showup until the 60s and not Marquee Moon but The Blow Up )
-Russ