Re: (TV) 33 1/3 Series

Just a minor rant....
For as influential a band as Television has been ( just ask the guitarists in U2, REM, Sonic Youth, ect), the mainstream public knows precious little of this fact. Shelves of books exist on lesser "cult" artists. I would have thought by now there would have been a few decent books on Television. Are there not members of this list who are working on such a project ? The closest thing we have to a Television bio is the extended interviews of Richard Lloyd in "Please Kill Me" . The Television loving partisans deserve, yeah, demand more !

Phil Obbard wrote:

Leo, the "Marquee Moon" book hasn't come out. But that doesn't mean
it won't - Continuum has a long list of books coming out in 2005:

http://tinyurl.com/4yh9r

Writing them a letter could help... you can reach them at
http://www.continuumbooks.com/

I read the one on the Kinks' VGPS and thought it was *excellent*, and
highly recommend it for Kinks fans. However, browsing through some of
the others I found them much more hit or miss (and you'll see this
reflected in some of the reviews on Amazon.com).

--Phil