Re: (TV) "Cry Mercy Judge" -- was Keenan's picks

At 10:27 AM -0800 11/15/04, Micah wrote:
I do, too. The production is dated....
Well, I shouldn't say "dated" -but, of it's time.

There are indeed some classic songs on Cover ("O Foolish Heart," for one). Part of the problem for me with Cover is that LinnDrum sound; another is the sibilance on the vocals. But given the popularity of analog synths now, it wouldn't surprise me if soon there's a nostalgia for the crappy sound of early digital, and lo, the LinnDrum will rise from its dusty slumber in a thousand pawn shops to ravage a new generation of ears. Then some producer will lift a drum loop from Cover, and Tom will be seen as that generation's version of The Winstons (whose "Amen, Brother" gave us the inescapable "Amen" break.)
--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/