RE: (TV) Guitar Player R.I.P.

Well, you've got a point, but there's usually something in every issue to
redeem it - take the latest with Allison Robertson on the cover (okay, the
Donnas may be too (insert catchphrase here), but I think they kick ass.
Plus a full Wes Montgomery transcription.  What bothers me most is their
emphasis on "tone": sound is the only thing that can be bought, to a large
extent, and GP, like all other magazines, depends on advertiser dollars for
survival.  The article on the proposed Jimi Hendrix pedal made me sad - how
many great sounds are we going to lose by people chasing *that* one and
stumbling on to something new in the process?  I remember how shocking it
was to hear an undistorted Fender on "Little Johnny Jewel" back in those
halcyon days.