Re: (TV) top 100 singles: 2000-2004

Good music is ageless and always stands the test of time. Singles are meant for selling records, making record companies/labels some money, some of which trickles down to the artists. Being that it's 'for the money' singles are geared towards the lowest common denominator to please the most people. As for those of us who belong to the Marquee Moon list, we generally go out of way to seek out the good music; the ageless music. Singles on the other hand seek out a market. I don't want to dismiss all of the singles from the Pitchfork list out of hand, I've heard of and have listened to a few of these artists, but I would bet that a large majority of the songs are forgettable. If that's age, so be it. I prefer to think of it as taste.
- Russ

Keith Allison wrote:

In message <20050131202209.41311.qmail@web21124.mail.yahoo.com>, Jay <piazzasanmarco@yahoo.com> writes

http://pitchforkmedia.com/top/2000-04/singles/index.shtml

I'm afraid I haven't heard/heard of most of these. Either I'm too old or I have more sense than to listen to the radio. Which is it, you young folks?