(TV) Meaning of Marquee Moon

Brian Young once wrote:

"To me, Marquee Moon is Verlaine's version of Robert Johnson's
Cross Road Blues, updating the myth of meeting the Devil in the
graveyard at midnight and learning how to play and sing the other-worldly
blues."

By search  command, but brute force:
http://www.obbard.com/tvlist-archive/0105/msg00096.html

Also:
Sam Inglis:
"On the BBC's 'Complete-history-of-rock' series Dancing In The Streets, they
interview
an impressive selection of NY new wave people, and Tom talks about writing
Marquee Moon.
He was walking along in some bit of New York (can't remember where) and
there was a
daylight moon, and someone had put a load of marquees up in the street. And,
er, that was it.
Not much of an insight, really."

--------
I think this just tells us where he got the title, but doesn't mean the
lyrics aren't well thought out.