Re: (TV) OT: Robyn Hitchcock binge

russvr@pop.nwnexus.com <russvr@pop.nwnexus.com> wrote:
> I'm getting into Robyn Hitchcock. I don't have any of the Softboys records yet. Just listenging to jewels for Sophia and earlier Egyptians record (early 90s). He reminds me of both Richard Thompson and Verlaine (guitarwise) . Discuss ?
> - Russ

Definitely go for the Soft Boys stuff for the dual-guitar thing
(Hitchcock and Kimberly Rew; amazing records).  I'm a huge fan of
Hitchcock; almost everything he's done is worth hearing.  The acoustic
stuff is great, too, and hardly bereft of great guitar work (think
more along the lines of Bert Jansch, or again, Thompson).  Beware; a
lot of his records are out of print.  But you've got some fun
listening ahead of you...

-Rex