Re: (TV) Long article on Blondie w/TV references

In message <20050214174930.46479.qmail@web60905.mail.yahoo.com>, Phil Obbard <pobbard@yahoo.com> writes
They lack any real style or distinctive sound, and a lot of their recordings could use more depth and/or bass. The songwriting is only occasionally clever and the band plays like a watered-down Cars, though they did produce a few great singles.

I always thought the first TV tour of Europe must have been fun with Fred in the band and Blondie supporting. I did once ask Fred (half-jokingly) if he ever wished he'd stayed in Blondie in view of their subsequent success. He laughed and said something like, "Well, at least I got the musical respect!"