(TV) Corto Maltese Forever

Another good argument, for now, with respect to CDs is that it's a lot easier to lend someone a CD than some files on your iPod.

And -- regarding books -- this explains my subject-line, I think, one day, comic books will save the paper format for books, and I think that will be grand -- because (1) I love books and (2) I think it would be hilarious that comic books will in the end save the paper format for books for all of us book-lovers.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:16:56 -0800
From: Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: (TV) Ii-pod Cave / Re: Naive? Questions on Music Biz Changes

See, I think that, too: I like to have a physical library of records
as I do with books.  But it's interesting that the question is being
asked about music and not books, the reason being that digitized music
sounds about the same as music on CD's does, whereas digitized writing
is obviously inferior to the printed word... not as portable, and it
hurts your eyes... so nobody worries about books going away.  However,
maybe if digital books somehow sucked less, they'd be just as
endangered as CD's.