Re: (TV) Waldorf Q

In message <0351E411702FA84A966DD30E5519124B53081E@vntmail03.volpe.dot.gov>, "Casey, Leo J" <Leo.J.Casey@Volpe.dot.gov> writes
Anyone, but esp. musicians and Teckies on List: I have always thought the reason the guitars on this recording sound like Foghat is because for that particular show their rented amps were dramatically different than what they

usually used (or/and were turned-up[?] differently).

Funnily enough, I asked Mark Abel (who did the live sound for Television in 77 and 78) about the guitar sound on that recording and he said that this was what they wanted the sound to be and that this (Waldorf sound) is what the guitars sounded like on that whole tour.