(TV) Genuine Television news... from Billy Ficca!

Hi all,

By chance, I found myself at the same bar tonight as Billy Ficca. I
had never met or spoken to him before, but I am glad to report that
he is the friendliest, most approachable guy you'll ever meet. It was
extraordinarily easy to introduce myself and chat with him for a few
minutes. (Me: "Excuse me, I'm sure this happens all the time..."
Billy: "No, it doesn't...")

He confirmed that Television isn't doing any NY shows in the near
future, unlike previous years. But he said that there *might* be some
shows in Europe this summer - details weren't clear yet.

More importantly, he said Television is currently rehearsing almost
once per week, focusing purely on some of the new material we've
heard previewed in the past few years. A studio album is a distinct
possibility! He described Television as a creature that burrows into
the ground for long periods of time, only re-emerging once per decade
or so.

This discussion about recording led into a long conversation about
digital vs. analog which was interesting to me, but I'll spare the
list the details, especially Keith, who might not agree with some of
our conclusions. :^P

Anyhow, as you can imagine, it was great to meet and talk with
Television's "secret weapon" (to borrow Steve Rovner's phrase) and it
definitely gives us something concrete to look forward to!

--Phil