(TV) OT: TV(Z)

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:27:05 +0100, Joe Thornton <joe.thornton@gmx.net> wrote:

> Talking of no fame or fortune, I've been listening recently to Townes Van
> Zandt (a fine compilation called "Drama Falls Like Teardrops"). You're
> reminded in turn of Hank Williams, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Johnny Cash and
> Neil Young. Great voice and guitar, and a lyrical sensibility that was all
> his own.

I've been listening to him as well (different compilation, though--
the 2-disc "Legend", which is of course all Bob Marley covers
(kidding)) and yeah, he's great.  I know many of the songs in cover
versions but usually prefer the TVZ originals (except for a few by
Willie Neson which I remember from my childhood)...  Anyway, good
stuff...

-Rex