Re: (TV) OT : Milk-Eyed Mender

she's the most down-to-earth artist i've ever seen
perform, in the very best sense.  if you don't mind
her quirky, arrhythmic handling of an out-of-tune
guitar, and dogs wandering onstage.  i've met her a
couple of times and she is the real deal.  writes
beautiful songs.

i dragged my kids to see her (and mark) last time they
were in town.  their first impression, watching them
get set up, was, "are they very poor?" ("yes.")  the
show was way to0 weird for them, but they got hugs and
encouraging words from vic after the show anyway, and
i think left with a decent impression.

she is supposed to be writing songs at the moment,
with hopes for an album before too very long.  she and
mark'll be touring europe again this summer, and maybe
australia and nz oct or so.  play only infrequently in
the states.