Re: Psychedelic / RE: (TV) Semi-OT: Genre of Television? / Prog Rock: Television's millions of new fans?

The weird thing is that it is difficult to categorize this band ( my last response to this thread being a little tongue in cheek, though the influences I pointed to could be considered psych - Jeff Beck even had an amazing light show when I saw him a couple years ago - very circa 1967 ). Television has attributes that are psychedelic as well as garage, punk, art and , YES, I would say evn prog. If you could put Television in a group along with ,say, Fairport Convention (unhalfbricking era), Beck era Yardbirds,Crazy Horse, The Magic Band,13th Floor Elevators sans electric jug,a little Red era and later Crimson, maybe a little Barrett era Pink Floyd; if you could box these disparate sounds together, and maybe call it psychedelic per Lloyds' definition, then I'd say we have something. I agree with whomever it was who pointed to the Moore/Renaldo dyad as a close counterpart to Verlaine/Lloyd.
NP - Sonic Nurse.
-Russ