Re: (TV) OT: The Clash (New Book)

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 13:20:41 -0400
"Casey, Leo J" <Leo.J.Casey@Volpe.dot.gov> wrote:
> BOOK REVIEW:  "Passion Is a Fashion: The Real Story of The Clash"
> Author:  Pat Gilbert; Da Capo, 404 pp., paperback, illustrated, $18.95

I am currently about 1/2 way through "Return of the Last Gang in Town"
by Marcus Gray, which is an unflinching look at the band.

It's an interesting read, though it might be more information than I
really need to know about them.

I'm up to the release of London Calling, an important album from my
formative years, and it's amusing to see some of the knee-jerk reactions
from people who were already bemoaning the death of punk.  (As far as I
can tell, real punk was dead by the time 2 dozen people were playing it
and more than 500 people listening to it.)