Re: (TV) Fwd: tv @ meltdown report

In message <20050622011535.48230.qmail@web54304.mail.yahoo.com>, robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com> writes
from babel-list.

Interesting.
For a 3rd point of view, Tania (my wife), although she quite likes Patti Smith, found her intrusion into Television's set "gratuitous and embarrassing", "inappropriate and completely broke the mood of the evening".

After the band left the stage, who should appear wandering around in front of the stage but La Smith herself; cue an invasion of hip young things milling around while she drifted around touching hands and, for all I know, changing water into wine. The bullshit factor increased by a power of 10. I felt like I'd just come along to watch the backing band.

Hey, it's her festival, she can do what she likes but I'd rather watch 5 minutes of Tom & Co. than 90 minutes of faintly embarrassing PS histrionics. On the other hand, she is an Icon, undeniably important in the history of rock music, an inspiration to many and, I'm sure, a lovely person - and I am a miserable old bugger.

And yes, I'd love to see the run-through of "Horses" on Saturday. I mean, who wouldn't?